Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mr. Graham...Berkeley 1969.

My dad might give me shit for posting this but I have to....and I think the FBI has closed that case by now! haha.


People's Park riots. The UCB administration wanted to turn a nice little park into a parking lot. Bad idea. Berkeley students had to hold down their revolutionary hippie stomping grounds...and were already fired up from sticking it to the man about the war and free speech and all. They pretty much raised hell. Reagan called in the National Guard who came in real tough with tanks. My dad was in the thick of it...here he is throwing a tear gas grenade back at the National Guard. Say whaaaaaat?!

I've tried to find the photographer who made the picture. It was for the college paper, the Daily Californian...but wasn't published to protect my dad from criminal charges. If anyone out there knows who took it...please get in touch.

No comments: